Thursday 5 July 2012

3 Weeks to Go

So, it's 3 weeks on Sunday till I spend 6 hours in a car en route to Fort William in Scotland. I think I've pretty much got everything I'm gonna need:-
  • Kindle - check
  • iPod - check
  • Walking boots - check
  • Appetite for whiskey tasting - double check
I have to say I'm really looking forward to this holiday, not just because I've never been that far up north, but because I'm planning on climbing Ben Nevis, the biggest peak in the British Isles. When compared to other mountains in the world, Ben Nevis is a foothill at best I think, but to climb it will be an achievement so I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness ..... 6 hours in a car, not really looking forward to the drive up but looking forward to the holiday - hopefully all twelve of us will get on just fine!! Here's my checklist - portable dvd player (to relieve the boredom), bite and sting relief (to relieve the bites from the biting midges), portable urinal (to relieve myself when necessary on such a long journey!)

    ReplyDelete