Wednesday 1 August 2012

Ben Nevis!!!!

Well I'm sorry that this post was so late but I've been recovering from yesterday's activity. So we did it. We climbed Ben Nevis and survived. I have to say it was quite an ordeal, not the easiest thing I've done this year. 1344 metres doesn't sound a lot to climb, but then you've got to remember that that is the height of the mountain, not how far you're travelling. In actual fact, you're travelling about five miles on foot to the top and then five miles back down. We started climbing at about 11:10am and arrived at the summit at around 3:30pm. We then took off down the mountain at around 4pm and finally got to the bottom about 7pm. My legs are killing me right now but it was worth the effort I think and it's one thing I can tick off my list of things to do. :) Photos are below.

















No comments:

Post a Comment